Nature in me.

Trusting is never easy. 
When I was the age where I had no idea what trust meant, the time when I blindly trusted everyone and everything; People call it the innocence of childhood; That's when I met nature, who introduced me to many new and different friends. Birds, trees, squirrels.. 
My Grandpa had introduced us, me and nature.
On an occasional visit to my grandparents place, I had to stay the night there. I was awakened early morning by grandpa, who believed in waking up with the birds. We went for a walk to buy milk and get the newspaper. 
There was a cold chill to the air and the sun was still laying low. We could hear the birds singing and I was fascinated by all the different kinds of birds that flew above me, and by the ones that were hanging upside down from the trees. Grandpa later took me to the backyard to pluck curry leaves for grandma. There I saw more trees, way taller than me. There were coconut, jack-fruit, mango, and my personal favourite, njaval.   
Since I was visiting the backyard for the first time, grandpa jokingly said aloud to the trees and squirrels that his granddaughter is here, and to give her a welcome. And I felt like a princess being introduced to a small, yet grand kingdom. I even saw the trees waving at me, felt the winds hugging me and the birds singing for me.

Months and years later, I would always stop by the backyard whenever I went to grandparents place. The place that bonded me towards everything that includes in the word nature, forever.



I used to wonder whether the trees and animals had a connection I couldn't see, or whether they talked in a language I couldn't understand. Because, in all the places I have visited, the trees would always wave at me, the winds kept on hugging me, and the animals and birds kept talking and singing to me.

I grew up and learnt that trusting anyone comes up with risks and consequences, but so far Nature has been the one friend who has never betrayed my trust.  

For the Nature's Friends! contest hosted by Indiblogger.

0 comments: